Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Home


After a one-day rest in Singapore, my grandma and I finally made our way home. We are now safely in Seattle with our family.

This trip was difficult, but it was worth it. I got to spend time with people who truly live in poverty, and learn about their hopes and dreams: Many of the people in Aek Matio long to see their children go to college and then come back to further the success of their village. I got to learn about how God has used microfinance and education to help families in Sumatra Utara fulfill those hopes and dreams for His glory. And, most of all, I got to see how God can work in the most impossible of situations: Giving me strength when I thought I couldn't make it through a difficult hike (I was having a stomach ache), granting joy to those living with little, and bringing hope to people that others might consider hopeless.

I cannot wait to see how God will use these experiences and this project in the story of my life, and in the bigger story of His glory!

P.S. The photo is of the spicy shrimp and pate dish my grandma made in Singapore. It was delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment