I was really grateful to get to help out by organizing blood samples and doing finger pokes (you don't need much blood to check for the Plasmodium parasite). And I was even more grateful to get to interact with the families, especially the children who were excited about us being there.
Compared to Aek Matio, the people in the villages near Hanura had a little more exposure to the outside world. They live much closer to the city that the people in Aek Matio do. Similar to those in Aek Matio, the people we visited were usually not educated beyond elementary school, and usually worked as farmers.
This trip has been amazing! I'm now back in Jakarta, spending time with my relatives. I leave for Singapore on Sunday, and return to Seattle on Tuesday. I absolutely cannot wait to be home, and I will be there soon! Praise God, He's kept me safe and strong throughout this trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment