Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jakarta


There were many things I had forgotten about Jakarta. But after four nights of waking up to the smell of bensin (gasoline) and the sounds of honking, I am just grateful that I have been able to sleep!

On Tuesday, I got to meet with Professor Inge from University of Indonesia. She was very kind and gave me advice on what to expect in Lampung. I need to be very careful and do everything I can to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes there!

I leave for Medan tomorrow, and I am so excited to meet up with my friends who will be going on this mission trip as well. I will be looking into the effectiveness of microfinance loans and education in helping women in poverty reach their God-given potential, which is basically what Women's Enterprises International seeks to do. I am nervous and excited about going to Aek Matio village. I've heard stories about the conditions there, and I will definitely need God's grace!

I hope the observations and friendships I make in Aek Matio and Siborongborong will be helpful for the people there and bring glory to God.

P.S. Please be praying for my grandma from Jakarta. She fell and broke her wrist the other day. Thanks!

P.P.S. The mosquitoes have been biting me like crazy. I think my feet just got bitten sitting here. And when I get mosquito bites in Indonesia, the skin around them swells up.

No comments:

Post a Comment