Monday, April 30, 2012

Slow Down



I wrote this song while I was driving on the freeway and a car cut me off. I was tired from work and from all the big decisions I needed to make, frustrated at the driver, and about ready to say some angry things. But God was gracious and inspired me to write this song instead. :) I hope that it encourages you to rest in Jesus and trust that He has saved you from sin and that He is in control.

Slow Down by Tiffany Lim

So many times in our lives we get to a point
When we're going a hundred miles an hour
And life is coming at us way too fast
That we forget about the hope that is ours

Don't give up now, before Him bow
Cast your cares on Jesus, and

Slow down, my friend
Take some time to rest in Him
You don't have to strive anymore

When life gets overwhelming lift your eyes up to the King
For He's the One who holds together everything
And you don't have to worry now; our God is in control
And His promises are good forevermore

Don't give up now, before Him bow
Cast your cares on Jesus, and

Slow down, my friend
Take some time to rest in Him
You don't have to strive anymore

For God already loves you
God's already saved you from sin
Jesus Christ has paid the price
He gave His life for us
Be still and believe

"Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you" - Psalm 55:22a

No comments:

Post a Comment