Remembering Dr. Deka has made me wonder, why do I stress over the little things in this life when I know that God is in control? If it is God's will for me to go to medical school, it will happen. If it's His will for me to get to my job in Texas, it will happen. If God calls me home sooner rather than later, it will happen. The only thing I can do is follow where God leads, trust in Him alone, and pray that He be glorified in my life.
"You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:19b-20
Dr. Deka, thank you for everything you taught me and for letting me borrow your Blackberry to bbm with my dad while in Lampung. Your commitment to serving others and worshiping Allah encourages me to serve those around me and worship God with all my heart. I pray that you had the chance to hear about and accept Jesus' death and resurrection and the hope of salvation He gives to us sinners. I will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace.
Allahu Akbar. Gloria Deo. Praised be the Lord.
ReplyDeleteSo sad that your friend's life had to end at such young an age, and among such unfortunate circumstances. May his life and works continue to inspire and encourage you and others who knew him.