Thursday, March 17, 2011

Pray for people in Japan and support the relief effort

This week has been a whirlwind of activities for me with several final exams and trying to coordinate work with studying and planning a doctor shadowing trip.  In the midst of all the busyness, I forgot about my prayers for the people in Japan who lost their homes, their livelihood, and their loved ones in the recent earthquake in tsunami.  It is sad and humbling how I can get so caught up in my day-to-day problems and completely forget about a huge disaster that took countless lives less than a week ago.  How much more selfish can I get?

Thank God for His grace and sovereignty in all of this.  Despite my selfishness and failing memory, God remembers the people in Japan and He loves them.  And despite my inability to understand why God would allow such a disaster to happen (along with the many natural disasters people have suffered through these past few years, like the tsunami in Southeast Asia and Hurricane Katrina), I can be sure that He has this all in His control.

I recently read a sermon about God's sovereignty, and it is a real comfort in times like these, when the future seems so uncertain. Ten Aspects of God's Sovereignty Over Suffering and Satan's Hand in It.

And for those of you who are looking for a way to help the people in Japan, the Salvation Army is providing emergency relief to the people in Japan who were affected by the earthquake and tsunami. Salvation Army - Earthquake and Tsunami Relief in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment