Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

In just the first week of 2010, I've felt like I have little direction and purpose in what I'm doing. Yes, I am working toward medical school and getting my major requirements done. And yes, I'm doing research to discover new ways to treat bacterial infections. But what is it all for, really, if God isn't in it? I don't want my life to be meaningless, but that's exactly what it is without God.

I mentally made a note of these resolutions before the new year, but I want to put them down in writing and deliberately ask God to make them worthwhile.


Resolution #1: Gain 10 pounds. (People say I'm a little underweight, and I think it's true....my BMI is 18.5. This is a really hard one for me.)

Resolution #2: Go on facebook on Friday nights and Saturdays only. (So far so good...)

Resolution #3: Spend quiet time in the mornings with God, submitting the whole rest of the day to Him. (I want to try to be a little more creative with these things. I definitely want to continue prayer journaling and reading the Bible, but more consistently. And maybe try writing poems, singing praises, and drawing pictures to God.)


Dear Heavenly Father,

Please be gracious to me as you always have been, and help me fulfill these New Year's resolutions in order to bring glory to Your name.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment