I had to get two shots, Hepatitis A and B, and also typhoid pills. I'm so happy that insurance paid for the Hep A and B shots, but we had to pay for the typhoid vaccine. Still, as the pharmacist was telling me earlier today, they are totally worth it.
As I read about hepatitis and typhoid, I realized how blessed I am to be getting these vaccinations, and I am evermore grateful to God. These vaccines could save me from the painful consequences of these diseases!
In the same way, when I read verses like these:
The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done. Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire. - Revelation 20:13-15I am evermore grateful for to God for the promises He's given in verses like this:
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 6:23.By all means, I deserve death, because I've sinned and fallen short, just like rest of us! But while those vaccines only have a pretty good chance of keeping me immune to hepatitis A and B and typhoid, Jesus Christ has made me totally immune to death,which is eternal separation from God...and includes being thrown into a lake of fire. God's grace and love are so amazing! Jesus paid the price for our sin and offers us immunity to death. He did that to give us true life in a relationship with God, which is what we were made for in the first place! :)
Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. - John 17:3
I had to drive all the to the doctor's office to get my vaccinations this morning, but all we've got to do is go to the Great Physician for our death vaccine! He's just a prayer away, the immunization lasts forever, and it's already been paid in full. I know, it sounds way too good to be true, but it's the truth!
No comments:
Post a Comment